Guide to the CAIS Wireless LAN Services
Bring Your Computer to Our Campus
The wireless access points restrict some of the network access to the campus network and the internet due to security reasons.
Please follow the link for details (off-campus access restricted).
The CAIS provides a secure environment, called Clean Area, in which you can install security fixes to your computers.
If you connect the wireless network for the first time or after a long interval, you should update your computer in the clean area and check if your computer is not infected with computer viruses.
- Ensure that your computer has either a built-in wireless device or a wireless card which supports IEEE802.11a/b/g/n.
- Ensure that you have a NIIGATA-U account --- every student has a NIIGATA-U account but academic staff may not.
If you don't have one, please follow the link and apply to our office.
Staff and students are able to use wireless at the following buildings:
- Faculty of Law, Economics, and Graduate School of Modern Society and Culture
|A||1F||Room 160, Room 340, Room A301(Corridor)|
|F||5F||Room F563(Graduate Students' Room)|
- Faculty of Education and Human Sciences
- Faculty of Science
|3F||Student Library, Refresh Room|
|4F||Room Geology 1st|
|5F||Refresh Room, Conference Room|
|B||3F||Room B337(Common Lecture Room)|
|2F||Room Biology 2nd|
- Faculty of Engineering
|A||2F||Main Conference Room|
|B||1F||Media Corner, Room 101, 103, 107|
|2F||Lounge, Room 202, 204, 209, 211|
|D||2F||Room 201, 203, 206, 212|
- Faculty of Agriculture
- Faculty of Humanities and General Education Research Building
|A||3F||PC Room(Graduate School of MSC)|
- Faculty of Dentistry
|B||3F||Practical Room Tissue Pathology|
|C||2F||Academic Affairs Section|
|4F||Oral Biomaterials and Technology 1st Lab|
|5F||3rd Lecture Room, Oral Physiology Library|
- Faculty of Medicine School of Health Sciences
|E||3F||Room 309(Graduate Students' Room)|
- University Library at Ikarashi Campus
- Medical and Dental Library at Asahimachi Campus
- Center for Academic Information Service
|A||1F||Wireless Access Room|
||3F||Network/Security Practical Room, Conference Room|
|CO-OP||1F||Canteen 1st, 2nd, 3rd|
If you have any questions about information displayed, please tell our office via phone ( ext. 6230 ), fax ( ext. 6232 ), e-mail at .
- Technical Support Office
Center for Academic Information Service